Account manager Sarah is often found studiously pouring over media of all forms, looking for new opportunities and ideas to activate for her clients; Freedom Furniture, Kmart, FujiFilm, Choice Hotels and The Salvation Army.
But after hours, Sarah turns into a pizza loving, craft beer swigging, former-Opera singer, who loves nothing more than getting away for the weekend.
Here Sarah tells us more about what makes her tick:
- Favourite client? Tough question! I really enjoy working with The Sallies as it’s so good to know that the work we do can make a positive difference for those in need. But when you’re working with clients that span homewares, hotels and chocolate it’s impossible to pick a favourite!
- What do you like on your pizza? Margherita is number one for me. I like simple, traditional Italian pizza.
- What makes a Kiwi summer? Swimming, sunbathing, seafood and evening walks on the beach.
- Recent PR win? Another difficult question! The recent TravelGrammer campaign we rolled out with Choice Hotels was a huge win, in terms of both traditional media coverage and the massive increase in followers we saw on Choice’s Instagram channel as a result of the campaign.
- One thing you thought you wouldn’t need to do in PR but have been asked to? Sampling chocolate was never mentioned in the job description, but I’m not complaining!
- Most worn item in your wardrobe? My trusty black blazer.
- What’s your favourite film genre? Drama and crime are my favourites.
- What is the most played song on your iTunes? I’m not sure that I could put my finger on a single song, but some of the most played artists would be The National, Arcade Fire and The Band.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? An opera singer!
- What concert / event are you most looking forward to? GABS, the beer and cider festival – I went for the first time a few years ago when I lived in Melbourne and now that it has branched out to Auckland I never miss it.
- What’s your favourite NZ city (other than Auckland of course)? Wellington – I love the craft beer and foodie culture.
- Where do you most want to visit in the world? I’d love to go back to Albania as it has the most beautiful beaches, amazing food and friendly locals. For somewhere new, I think India would be my top pick but there are too many places I want to visit!
- What is your favourite travel souvenir? Glühwein mugs from the Munich Christmas Market
- How many Kmart items would I find in your bedroom? At least five! I love the table lamps and storage canisters
- What was your favourite subject at school/uni? Classics, I love ancient history.
- What country has the best cuisine and why? I can’t pick just one – it would have to be Thailand, Japan, India or Italy.
- What kind of car do you drive? Toyota Corolla, although my driving skills still aren’t the best after a few years of not owning a car while living overseas!
- Do you have any pets? I found a lost kitten while I was uni and we never found his owner. He lives with my parents but he’s technically mine.
- Where is the best beach in Auckland? It’s the best beach for day trips or camping weekends as it feels like you’re so far away from Auckland. It’s also where I was married last summer!